Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

MAKEUP INSPIRATION // BLUE EYELINER

As you may or may not already know, I absolutely adore a vibrant blue on the eyes.  This week I was inspired by an image of the beautiful Cara Delevingne.  The makeup look is from Just Cavalli spring/summer 2013 runway collection.  I am in love with this simple, understated look that's embellished with a striking, metallic, navy blue just on the upper lash line and shimmering white in the inner corners of the eyes.  Bushy eye brows held in place by a gel.  Not much else where - perhaps a subtle contour and soft, nude lips - or natural as per the second model below.  SO. COOL.
The makeup artist used MAC Marine Ultra Chromaline Eyeliner plus a shiny blue pigment over the liner on the models, however, I don't own these products so to recreate the eye look I lined my upper lash line with Lancome Khôl In Love Eye Liner Pencil in 'Deepwater Blue' (10).  I then applied the metallic denim blue eye shadow from the Chanel Multi-Effect Quadra Eyeshadow Palette in 'Tissé Riviera' (224) using a dampened eye smudge eye over the top of the blue eye liner.  Unfortunately, I didn't have a Mac white pigment on hand, which is what the makeup artist used for the inner corners of the eyes mixed with a mixing medium for an intense highlight.  Instead I used Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long Lasting Eyeliner in 'Silver Light' (87).  To further intensify the silver, I layered the metallic silver from the same Chanel quad palette over the top.  I curled my lashes using my favourite Chanel Eye Lash Curler, and applied Le Volume de Chanel Waterproof Mascara in 'Noir' (10).  For my naturally black eye brows, I used Suqqu Eyebrow Liquid Pen in 'Moss Green' (01) - my holy-grail brow product for the most natural looking brows and precisely drawing individual brow hairs in any sparse areas.  Then I brushed through them and set them in place using Dior's DiorShow Brow Styler Gel (was a limited edition from the Dior Fall/Autumn 2013 collection).

Below are the inspirational images of the cool and chic blue and white eye liner look from www.fashionising.com.
 For more strong eye liner trends in action by makeup artists, check out this video. :)


Hope this inspires you to play with colour!


Thanks for visiting. ^_^ xo



What makeup look has inspired you the most recently?  Did you try to recreate it?  Do share in a comment below. :)





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar