Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

[English] Untitled Cyberpunk roleplaying game: Example of play

A game idea of mine. A Cyberpunk roleplaying game about a hacker and their friends, inspired by the movie Sonatine. I think it's somewhat playable by now, so I wrote up a fictitious example of play.

Character Creation:

My character, the hacker's, locker is at a train station. Its contents are...

1 a coupon for a liquor store.
2 an old watch.
3 an elongated coin from Pumpenhaus gallery.

Their character is Krim who likes to wear steel blue suits.

Location Creation:

We roll 5 dice for S(urveillance|ecurity)-Levels. 2,4,6,6,6. We make a map of the location.

some tech campus, maybe?

2 is the biometrics at a building entrance. A retina scanner.

4 is an audio-controlled courtyard.

6,6,6 are sensitive workplaces secured by neuroimagers.

Play:

They plan how Krim is going to deal with the surveillance, if at all.

Krim will use QR contact lenses to get past the retina scanner and into the building. For the neuroimager in the circular workspace, they will employ freaklights, making themself unreadable. They will grab what they can and jump out of a window for a quick escape.

Together, we decide on whether the plan will succeed.

We say that the contact lenses will work fine while the neuroimager will at least log an error and make a ticket with tech support. Not a failure, but it may still lead to problems. And since they'd need to roll > 6 on a d6 to avoid any consequences, yes, there will be a problem later. In 1-6 hours at the earliest. I roll: 4 hours. We realize that we haven't determined a S-Level for what's beyond the window, so I quickly roll for it. 4 again. They decide that Krim won't even try to bypass that considering they'll be jumping out of a window and booking it.

a plan, come together.

Because the run starts with a successful bypass, though, I get to start working on Krim's cover. Having to pick an item from my locker as inspiration, I choose the elongated coin from Pumpenhaus gallery.

I say: So, we're at this gallery together, it's called Pumpenhaus. It's an old, empty brick building that reeks of oil. Motors, bulky antiques, hang from the ceiling.

They say: Krim holds out a floater and asks you to lift them up towards one of the motors. They want to see whether they can capture themself touching it.

I say: Well, ok. I grab Krim under the blue suit and lift.

For the 4, audio control of a small plaza, there is no bypass. So they have to answer the current S-Level question or one of the two higher ones, video or neuroimaging. They decide that there is video (say what you do) of Krim jumping out of a window. Their reflection along mirrored facades. Landing on synthetic legs and running out of the frame.

I can't do anything about the neuroimager log, but I choose to add something to my cover story to avoid fallout from the video. Pumpenhaus gallery isn't far from the location of the run and if one filters the sound files from Krim's floater enough, faint sounds of steel feet hitting the asphalt, pneumatics aching, can be heard.

[Play would continue here with switching to a city map and tracing Krim's escape through broader S-Zones, dealing with the problems arising from the neuroimager log and eventually the next run.]

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar