Tuesday morning I saw a clip from Brian Williams interview with President Obama. During the conversation between Williams and the President, the President spoke of the rhythms of our lives. He totally had my attention with that. He said he missed the rhythms of say a Saturday morning when you get up, take your dog for a walk, run some errands, then maybe take your kids to a museum and later maybe surprise them with a trip to the ice cream shop. He said due to his responsibilities he can no longer do these sorts of things at will and he misses that rhythm of his life.
I love the precious rhythms of my own life and I truly feel for him having lost those. I have written how much I love Saturdays and the routine rhythms here in my home. Those have been enhanced and enriched lately with the addition of Martini. Many times I have wondered if others recognized and enjoyed these life rhythms the way I do. It’s nice to know that the President shares that value. It shows me that he values moments even the small priceless ones. I like that in a person.
0 Yorumlar