Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

E is for Elk

Welcome to the 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge! Each day for the month of April I will be posting alphabetically from A to Z and my theme is Wyoming.




One summer, Hubby and I were hiking at Trail Creek, just a couple of hours from Cheyenne. We'd never been there before, so we donned our "explorer" hats, ready for anything. As we followed the creek up the mountain, I looked toward the south, down into a valley. There below us was a herd of elk - about about 20 of them - females and their young, along with a huge buck. They were gathered by a placid stream near green grasses and lush trees, just having a good old time. We were up high and down-wind from them so they didn't smell our scent.  We watched them for several minutes and finally moved on. They never did notice us. I've lived in Wyoming most of my life and I've seen lone elk in the woods and in the mountains more times than I can count. But I'd never seen anything like this. It was magical.

What's the most breathtaking thing you've seen in nature?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar