A big part of No Spend June is using up products so that I have space in my collection but also simply so that I actually use them. Usually during June I would compile a list of all of the products I have used up during the first half of the year but I have to say I didn't really like that way of doing it, everything felt really long about doing empties that way so this year I thought I would simplify it and look at the empties from June to see whether or not No Spend June works. I do make an effort during No Spend June to finish the products which are half used because I want to make space going forward for better products to come into my life. There is actually a surprising amount of products to talk about so I'm going to get into it.
Skincare
I am going to start with skincare as it is typically the first part of any routine. I love skincare but it is very rare for me to get through an entire product, either because I will move on to another product or it simply takes too long to actually finish a product. Most of these products I have been using for a while and they have finally come to an end which I think I can say is a shame in respect to all of the products.Liz Earle - Hot Cloth Cleanser
I bought this version of the Hot Cloth Cleanser using my Boots points over the Christmas period because I smelt it and fell in love with it but for some reason I never dedicated an entire blog post to it, even though it definitely deserved one. I know why I didn't because I was already really busy with Blogmas and I have spoken about Cleanse and Polish way too many times already but it hasn't fully had the attention it deserves from me.
Cleanse & Polish is a product I recommend to everyone. It is a gentle cleanser that completely cleans your skin but doesn't strip it so this is my go to. I think I always have a bottle in my collection because it just sorts my skin out whenever I am having problems. The Rose & Cederwood scent was their Christmas Limited Edition and it smelt gorgeous. It had an incredibly light rose scent which was not overwhelming at all but the sweetness that Rose can bring was softened by the Cederwood. Unfortunately you can no longer buy this which is why it was in my collection for so long, simply because I did not want to have none of it left but all good things have to come to an end at some point.
Origins - Make a Difference +
This cream sat in my collection for such a long time before I even started to use it. It came in an Origins set I purchased in the sales after Christmas 2017 and it sat patiently until I used up other products and I needed this one. I ended up using this one as a night cream and it worked wonderfully. It is a gel/cream formula that is really cooling when you apply it but it retains moisture and left my skin looking incredibly plump. As it was a cream/gel it also sunk in really quickly so it doesn't leave a film feeling on your face. I find it so hard to talk about moisturisers as for the most part they all do a relatively good job but in conjunction with the Hyaluronic Acid from The Ordinary, the combo just seemed to work wonders so I do have to say I am gutted to see this one go.Glamglow - Glittermask
I have been close to finishing the Glamglow Glittermask for quite a while but much like the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser I didn't want to finish it but it had to be finished at some point. I'm not sure you can buy the Glittermask anymore as I did see them selling it off in Boots. It is slightly different from the traditional Gravitymud because it has the glitter which holds the mask together a bit more and it also dries a bit quicker. I used the Sonic Mask the other night and I forgot how long it takes to dry, I really like a good peel-off mask but it is a pain when they haven't fully dried and you end up using a cloth to take it off. Even though I have used up the Glittermask, I still have some Gravitymud in my collection so I don't feel too devastated that I've now finished this one.
Body
During Summer I do like to fake tan but I'm not sure that is a valid excuse for the amount of body butter I have been through this month. In my defense 3 of the products are mini and I had already started 3 of them before this month so that explains what seems like an excessive amount of body butter.
Soap and Glory - Mini Righteous Butter
The Soap and Glory Mini Righteous Butter was the first body butter I finished this month and I do really like it but I know for sure that this was quite an old product. However, that is not going to stop me from using it. The Righteous Butter has the classic Soap and Glory scent which is quite sweet and slightly fruity. The butter itself is actually quite thin compared to something like the body butter from The Body Shop, it sort of has the texture of melted Marshmallow. This is a lovely product and I have no doubt I will have more of it in the future, it's a firm favourite within the Christmas presents I receive. If you are looking for a relatively cheap body butter, Soap and Glory is the brand you should be looking at.
The Body Shop - Mini Almond Milk & Honey Body Butter
Speaking of The Body Shop, I have also used up one of their body butters this month but once again it was a mini. In the Post Christmas Sales I picked up a couple of sets in The Body Shop and two of them were the Almond Milk and Honey range which is easily my favourite from their permanent range. This mini body butter was the last of many and I loved it.
The Almond Milk and Honey range is designed for sensitive skin so this is a lot softer than some of their other body butters which makes it smoother to apply and it is super hydrating. I don't have sensitive skin but I do like how gentle and moistursing this product is.
NSpa - Raspberry Body Butter
I was actually given this by my best friend, I am not 100% sure but on the label it mentions ASDA so I'm guessing this was from ASDA. I had no body butter left and this was my only option so I used it, turns out it is actually pretty nice. I love the Raspberry scent and it was actually quite nourishing, it sinks in quite quickly. My one problem was that it was quite thick. Unlike the other body butters which were almost creamy in texture, this was harder to get out of the tub. This was a great stop gap whilst I didn't have anything else but I wouldn't go out of my way to look for this to repurchase it.
Lush - Buck's Fizz Body Conditioner
I always buy a tub of the Buck's Fizz body Conditioner during the Lush Winter Sale purely because I think they are ridiculously expensive full price. This was a post Christmas sale purchase but I have to say I did make a conscious effort to start trying to use this up.
In previous years I loved the ease of this product and I loved the citrusy fresh scent but for some reason this year it seemed really oily and it left a film on the bottom of the shower making it quite slippy. After I had used this in the shower, my mum always complained so whilst they were away I made an effort to use this up and I was successful. I have to say I'm not too gutted that I've used this up and I am unlikely to buy it again.
Lush - Cinders Shower Gel
I went a little mad for Cinders Shower Gel in the Lush post Christmas sales. I purchased one bottle before Christmas and then when I saw I could get it discounted I bought lots of it. So far this year I have finished two of the 250ml bottles and this month I finished one of the 100ml bottles. I was told that the scent of Cinders would be similar to Snowcake Soap which in a way it is but there is also a warmth that Snowcake did not have. This has been gorgeous for the colder months and even June when we have faced a lot of bad weather but I have moved onto something a bit lighter now in hope that it is going to herald in Summer.
Hair
Haircare is never going to be a massive section for me as I simply do not use enough products and it does take me a long time to get through them but I do have two products to talk about. One is a product that I regularly wizz through because it is something I use a lot and when I use it, I use a lot but the other has been sat around for a while.
Lee Stafford - Hair Growth Mask
Back in April, as part of Drugstore Month, I wrote a blog post about the Lee Stafford Hair Growth Mask. I always remember hearing about it when I was younger but I wanted to find out if it would actually work. If you want to find out if it did work, here is a link to that blog post Lee Stafford Hair Growth Mask but after I had finished working on that post I moved on to a new mask and stopped using the Lee Stafford one. There wasn't much left so I decided to use it up this month. If you couldn't guess, it did not work wonders for my hair and I will not be buying it again.
Soap and Glory - Dry Shampoo
For some reason I only seem to buy the small version of the Soap and Glory Rushover Dry Shampoo but I do really like it. I find the small size really handy and I still have a big bottle of Batiste. I use dry shampoo religiously as I am too lazy to wash my hair often so I get through bottles of it incredibly quickly. The reason I reach for this one over the Batiste one is because it is clear so it doesn't leave a white cast on your hair and it smells incredible, all whilst removing the greasy look from your hair. This isn't an overly cheap dry shampoo but I will continue to buy it especially if I travel.
Makeup
I have quite a mix of items in the makeup section and all of them have just come to a natural end. Some of them are products that I get through regularly but there are also two powder products which is incredibly unusual because they take so long to get through.
Benefit - Mini Dandelion Twinkle
I bought Dandelion Twinkle well over a year ago but I haven't used in a while because I really liked it and I didn't want to run out of it which is slightly stupid because I can buy a new one at anytime. Anyway a new one made it's way into my life. I bought the Birchbox x Benefit collaboration and it had a mini Dandelion Twinkle in it so I felt fine about using this one up.
Dandelion Twinkle is a gorgeous soft pink highlight that is actually quite light and looks like your cheeks are lit from within. This goes perfectly with the more pink look I have been going for recently. I am so glad I have another one and I can't wait to open this one once I've finished my Fenty Highlight that I'm close to finishing.
Benefit - Mini Gold Rush Blush
I do not think I've ever made it through an entire blush but it just goes to show how much I love this blush. I have long rated the Benefit Gold Rush Blush because it is a light peachy rose blush that provides a healthy glow to your cheeks. I have used this pretty much everyday since I purchased this mini version and it lasted over a year. Do not be put off by the gold layer that initially tops the blush because this goes the first time you use it. I honestly do not think enough people recognise this blush for what it is because it is stunning, especially on paler skin.
Charlotte Tilbury - Super Cindy Lipstick
It is rare I get through an entire lipstick and even more rare that I should get through a Charlotte Tilbury one. I've been very honest with my opinion on the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks: some of them I think are really good and some not so good. Super Cindy is easily my favourite out of all the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks I've tried and I found it a really easy shade to wear. It is quite a warm peachy nude shade which seemed to compliment my skin tone and slightly brighten at the same time. I wasn't a massive fan of the formula but clearly I liked it enough to use it all up. I would not buy this lipstick again, the only Charlotte Tilbury lipstick I would consider buying would be Pillow Talk, other than that I am not a fan.
L'Oreal - Miss Baby Roll Mascara
This wouldn't be an empties without a mascara. I go through mascara like no ones business and you are supposed to replace them every couple of months anyway. After my Drugstore explorations during April, I ended up going back to my beloved Miss Baby Roll Mascara as I wanted a cheap mascara that I knew would work. Miss Baby Roll is the trusty mascara I go to.
It gives me big, clumpy lashes which extends them so they look incredibly long. Plus it is only £7.99. This was already a repurchase and I have spoken about this a lot on my blog. I have no doubts that I will buy this again at some point. At the moment I do have a couple of mascaras waiting to be used and I am revisiting one I have not used in years so keep an eye out for a mascara update.
Makeup Revolution - Brow Pencil
I bought the Makeup Revolution Brow Pencil because I was poor and desperate for a brow pencil, that was before I decided to do Drugstore Month in April. At £2.50 this was a pretty good pencil but now that I am using a Benefit Pencil I can see just how wrong the colour was, it was slightly too dark for me, especially since I have had my hair done.
I am not used to using a triangle/wedge shaped pencil instead I usually opt for something a bit smaller, I find them easier to use. For £2.50 this pencil was a bargain, it is just a shame that their colour range wasn't slightly larger or I would buy it again. One of my biggest warnings when it comes to this pencil is that it will snap when you get close to the end but you can still use it for a while.
Perfume
Jo Malone London - Tropical Cherimoya
Tropical Cherimoya was the Summer blossom launch for Jo Malone London last year and I have to say I was late to the hype. However, when I eventually treated myself to this perfume I completely feel in love with it. I didn't really like it when I first sprayed this on myself but once it settled in, I really liked it, I just needed to give it that little bit of time. I can only wear this during Summer because this is a true Summer scent but I had used up so much of this bottle last Summer that I only had a small bit left for this year. I did feel quite sad about finishing this bottle but I did buy a second bottle which I am also halfway through so for now I still have some. I have so much perfume that I still have lots to get through but this is just one less bottle in my collection.
I have to say I am really surprised by the amount of products I have made my way through this month. A lot of them had been opened and half used and this month has made me finally finish them. Some of these products I did actually like using, some I am glad to see the back of. As I am going to continue the mindset of No Spend June into July, I might also do an empties at the end of July.
P.S. This is one of the final No Spend June posts and if you are interested in finding out more about No Spend June, here was my breakdown of it from the start of the month: No Spend June
You might also like:
|
|
|
|
|
0 Yorumlar