As the whole brand started within a spa, all of the products are very spa like and relaxing which is part of what gives it that luxury feeling. They are the types of products that you use everyday but it makes your mundane morning routine just that little bit more exciting. One of the products that has made my morning routine just that little bit easier and more pleasurable is the Wet Skin Moisture Miracle from Sanctuary Spa. I have already spoken about this on my blog, back when this product was new. I loved it and I had multiple tubes that got me through last Summer but I don't always think of this product in the Winter which I will go into later so I haven't purchased this for a while. However during the Christmas sales in Boots they had a set of 3 of the travel sized tubes for £4.50. At that price could I really go wrong? Plus it gave me the opportunity to try some of the other scents that have been newly launched.
Scents
In the set was 3 different scents: the original scent which I have tried before, White Lily and Damask Rose and finally Green Lemon and Orange Blossom. I already knew I loved the original scent when I purchased the set but I was really intrigued to try the other two scents. I have to say I really wanted to try the White Lily and Damask Rose scent. I know I quite like Damask Rose within a scent unlike traditional British Rose, Damask Rose is much sweeter, almost like a honeyed rose which I prefer to the more earthy, green notes that are included in some rose scents. I wasn't sure what White Lily would do to the scent but I assumed I would probably get on with it. I was wrong! I thought it was going to be much sweeter than it was. Unfortunately the White Lily portion of the scent is very dominant so the sweetness from the Rose doesn't have a chance to come through. Instead it sort of has that old lady floral vibe to it which was incredibly disappointing. I thought this was going to be my favourite scent and I was very close to buying a full size set of the scent in the post Christmas sales, now I know it was incredibly lucky that I did not as I really do not like this scent at all. I love a floral scent but this is far too powdery and a more traditional floral than I thought it was going to be.The biggest surprise for me in this set was the Green Lemon and Orange Blossom scent. I instantly assumed I would not like this scent as I cannot stand Orange Blossom within fragrances and usually it is enough to put me off a scent. However this is incredibly refreshing. The lemon cuts through the Orange Blossom to take away the normally potent, heady floral of Orange Blossom. It is cleansing and helps to refresh and clear your mind. I really enjoy using this scent which I did not expect at all. I assumed this was going to be the one that I didn't really like but I was completely wrong. However it can't take the place of the original scent.
Out of the three different scents, the original still remains my favourite. The original scent is calming and is definitely the most spa like. I'm sure you will have smelt this scent at some point but in case you haven't, I will try and describe it. It is really fresh and citrusy which gives it a clean sort of smell, there is definitely a floral aspect to the scent, but it is quite soft. The floral just adds a soft femininity to the scent. I would take a guess and say there is some vanilla in this scent as it is quite creamy and soft but this is balanced by a depth within the scent. Realistically I do not know anyone who would not like this scent, it is very general and would have a wide appeal. I can safely say after trying the other two scents, this is still my absolute favourite scent out of the three.
What is the Wet Skin Miracle Moisture?
Even though I've started off by explaining the different scents there is probably something quite important that I should cover, what exactly is the Wet Skin Mositure Miracle? I did explain this is my last post but in case you missed it I will happily explain again because I do think this is an unusual product and actually quite handy for warmer weather. During Winter I typically use the Lush Body Conditioners as they can be used in the shower so you don't freeze to death. The Sanctuary Spa Wet Skin Moisture Miracle is a similar sort of product but instead you apply it out of the shower and you don't wash it off so it has a coolimg effect on the skin. I would compare this product to a leave in conditioner, it is just for your body instead of your hair.
To use the Wet Skin Moisture Miracle, you just shower as you normally would, get out of the shower and apply the product to wet skin. The once you've covered yourself in it, you towel dry leaving the scent to create a gentle cloud of scent around you. At first I worried that this would be quite greasy because you do not wash it off but actually a simple towel dry is enough. It does not leave a greasy or oily feeling on the skin, it sinks in really quickly and it leaves your skin feeling nourished and hydrated. I would compare the nourishing feeling to a body cream, it definitely isn't that hydrating but it is certainly enough for daily use rather than dealing with extreme dryness. For example, these work great on my 26 year old skin that I regularly moisturise but I'm not sure it would be as effective for someone like my mother who does not moisturise as often and who needs more intensive hydration. Personally I would say this sits closer to a lotion in terms of the amount of nourishment it gives to the skin, and it is exactly the same for each of the scents.
The reason I prefer using this during the warmer month is because it is really cooling on your skin. During Winter when it is already cold enough, the last thing you want is to make yourself even colder when you get out of the shower. Therefore during Summer this is great for giving your skin a moisture boost to keep your tan looking fresh but also it gives you the tiny moment of relief from the sweltering Summer heat.
Sanctuary Spa claim that they have included a long-lasting scent formula within this product and I have to give credit where credit is due, the scent does last well. It is not an in your face scent, it is a scent that you can only smell up close but it keeps you safe in the knowledge that you smell good. This is a lovely quality if you like the scent you are applying to your skin but unfortunately for me, when I used the White Lily and Damask Rose scent it was not something I appreciated.
Summary
At first this product seems like such a weird concept and I can safely say I've never tried a product like this one before. To be honest it probably wouldn't have been a product I would have picked out for myself. I was first given a travel size of this product but a lady who works in my office and that was where my love for this product began. I do not buy it all of the time but I have had it since I was very kindly gifted a small tube of it.Unfortunately this set did not work in my favour, I though by trying the two different scents, I might perhaps prefer one to the original scent but I simply do not. I did quite like the Green Lemon and Orange Blossom scent but I didn't like it more than the original scent which is slightly disappointing but does show how good it is. If you haven't tried the Wet Skin Moisutre Miracle, I highly recommend you do so as it is a lovely product and it is quite unique. Even though I bought this in Boots you can now buy Sanctuary Spa products in Superdrug as well. If you haven't tried anything from the brand full stop, I recommend giving it a go. It feels a bit more luxury than the price tag and I have to admit, I am yet to try a bad product from them.
You might also like:
|
|
|
|
|
0 Yorumlar