Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I DON'T RECALL EVER BEING THIS EXCITED OVER A LIP PENCIL...

...until Burberry Beauty Lip Definer Shaping Pencil in 'Bright Plum' (No. 04) came into my life. Ok, I admit I bought this quite a while ago and only recently just started to use it. This thing...is AH-MAZING.  A gorgeous, deep, rich, yummy plum red.  I don't know how I could have ignored it for so long! >_< I will wear this on its own. If I put anything on top of it, or underneath it, it's just not the same. I can't even capture its beauty on camera! I tried. The swatches below just don't do it justice. You must see it in person, try it on and then you can truly appreciate its beauty.

Packaging
Below: The typical gunmetal finish on the pencil lid/cap with the Burberry logo on it, and sharpener provided.
Swatches
All swatches were applied against my medium, olive (~NC30) skin tone.
Above: photographed indoors under artificial lighting and using a strobe.
Above: photographed under low lighting (without a strobe) in order to capture the gold and fuchsia/violet micro-shimmers.

On My Lips
I have blue-based pigmented lips (especially around the outline of my lips and my upper lip), and Bright Plum gives good coverage with a couple or so layers of filling-in.  I have medium, olive (~NC30) skin tone.
Only up close in the swatch photographs do I notice it has bright fuchsia/violet and very yellow gold micro flecks of shimmer, but on the lips, these don't appear like those - its the overall, beautiful effect they give to the naked eye.  It's hard to describe...is it a slight duo-chrome sheen, or a slight ombre effect of the plum and red tones with a golden sheen?  Aaargh!!!

I know I will repurchase this over and over.  I haven't seen anything like it.

As for the texture, it feels very smooth and doesn't drag when you apply it to the lips.  The product is quite soft so you need to be careful when carrying it around and sharpening as it can break (product wastage! :( ).  On the lips, it feels very comfortable (not drying), very lightweight and has a velvet finish if worn on its own.  Currently, I tend to have dry lips because it's winter, and to add nourishment, I like to apply the Nuxe Rêve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm which has a matte finish about 5 minutes beforehand and let it sink into my lips.  (You may exfoliate your lips before as well if you need to).

I then blot my lips to remove most of it off, then I apply the lip pencil.  I just prefer this pencil on its own if I can get away with it moisture-wise, or else, I find it can reduce that beautiful depth of colour and affect the unique sheen/finish it has.

Bottom Line
Obsessed.  Go get!!! :D





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar