Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

AMW Reports: "Ang Kiukok Holiday Collection"

Freeway has launched it's second National Artist Collector's Series at The Row, Glorietta 5 last week.  The first sequel was the Nick Joaquin collection.  For this coming Holiday season, a new collection has blossomed, from the National Artist For Visual Arts, Ang Kiukok.


Ang Kiukok was a National Artist that one remembers with not just admiration and respect, but for those who knew him with endearment and affection. A man who was bold in his art but quiet in nature. As he told an interviewer once,


“I am not good at speaking. At school when the teacher asked me to recite, I could not say anything. When I was asked to write a long composition, I would only give a few sentences and the teacher didn’t like that. But in my painting, I feel free.  I can express what I want to say.”
 So true, I've seen the short film shown on the event when he received an award and all he could say was... "Maraming Salamat.....Maraming Salamat....Maraming Salamat.........Maraming Salamat" (Thank you).  It was really touching.

Hosted by Jocas de Leon, Freeway showcased the collection in a fashion show were models wore amazing hat pieces to complement each bold Kiukok outfit. Each model look gorgeous with dramatic lashes and smokey eyes that was done by VMV Hypoallergenics team.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The evening winded down with interviews with passionate Ang Kiukok collectors such as Joey de Leon and experts such as art critic Cid Reyes and prominent collector, Dr. William Chua.



I must not forget to thank Mangan for the wonderful snacks served and definitely service with a smile!  My favorite is the "camote chips" (sweet potato chips) and their iced tea!!!


Ang Kiukok's unfinished painting
his brushes and his Picasso book 
where he gets his inspiration from

 
  
The lovely bunch together with Mr. Joey de Leon 
and Ms. Jocas De Leon

 

Me and Mr. Joey de Leon
such a nice guy!

 

Shen, yours truly together with my friends
Beatrilicious and Shannaholic
can't help but pose and tried to outdo the models!
(I said TRIED...but we failed lol)

 

I will definitely be going back to purchase some tops I've been eyeing during the fashion show!

Keep smilin'
Stay happy!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar