Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A random Ulta Haul

Ulta Haul, ABH Stevie, Essence Get Big Lashes, The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner, Soap and Glory Hand Food,Ulta Delta Shores Sacramento, Ulta Delta Shores

Uh oh. There's a new shopping center a few blocks away where I live, and guess what? Ulta is one of those stores in the strip mall. I have to avoid it like the plague, lest I spend my a chunk of my paycheck there. The good thing about it is that I don't have to drive 20-30 minutes for the closest one. This new Ulta is less than 10 minutes away. But because it finally opened (before a lot of the other stores), I decided to go check it out. Let's just say I was blown away with the set up and how huge, clean and brand spanking new it was.
But before I get to that, here are some of the things I purchased at the new location:

Makeup Revolution "Love the Revolution" Palette
This was actually my early birthday gift, so I got this for free. My birthday is not until the 26th, and I have seen that Ulta offered an exclusive NYX birthday palette for those who whose birthdays are July-August-September. Sadly, I missed the boat because Ulta changes their birthday gifts every quarter and I loved the shades from the NYX palette. So I inquired if they still had any available even if my birthday is this month. The cashier said that they didn't have it but replaced it with the MUR "Love the Revolution" Palette. It's still a pretty palette so I'm not complaining! I can't see myself using that heart highlighter in the middle though, because it's engraved beautifully and I never ever wear a highlighter that is that blinding white.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Matte Lipstick in "Stevie"
None of the Ultas I went to in other locations had the ABH matte lipsticks, and to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with the swatches online. But in person? Wow, there were some shades I swatched and tested that were utterly gorgeous. I originally wanted "Rosewood", but it was out of stock. My next favorite was "Stevie", which is described as an "antique auburn". It's a lot darker than it appears in the photo, and I was personally describe it as a medium rosy wine. It is stunning for the fall, and office-appropriate. It gives me extra color and life on my lips. It is drying, which is to be expected from a matte lipstick, but it's still creamy and somewhat comfortable to wear. It's not painful like the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipsticks.

Essence "Get BIG Lashes" Volume Boost Mascara
Instead of getting my usual L'Oreal Voluminous or Maybelline Lash Sensational, I wanted to scrimp a few extra bucks and buy one of the Essence mascaras. I guess I shouldn't judge a product but its name, because I got suckered into buying this. It does not give me the big or bold lashes that I love. It does curl it a little bit though, but overall I'm not impressed with the volume. I should've gotten Essence Lash Princess instead, and next time I'm there I will buy it.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
The only thing I didn't like about the new Ulta is that they didn't have the Tony Moly Rice Toner, which I am currently running out of. So I decided to purchase The Body Shop toner instead. I haven't opened it up yet, but I will be doing a review soon and letting you guys know how I feel about it!

Soap and Glory Hand Food
I was in dire need of a hand cream because my hands were so dry and cracked from bundling up stacks of postcards and tying them with the rubber band at work that day. I must've done at least 30 bundles. The edges of the thick cardstock and the rubber band took a toll on my hands. I love Soap and Glory's body creams since they are thick and moisturize me real well, and they have a mild sweet smell. I have this on hand (pun intended) in my cubicle. Best of all, this was only $4!

So there you go. The new Ulta is AMAZING. Like I mentioned earlier, I was blown away. It's located in Delta Shores, the new shopping center in Sacramento. It literally is only 10 minutes away from where I live. There will be other shops such as Walmart, PetSmart, Party City, Daiso, Bath & Body Works, Hobby Lobby (I much prefer Michael's though), and eateries like Starbucks, In and Out Burger(which already opened and Cecilio is SO happy about), Chipotle, Jamba Juice, Chick-Fil-A and many more. There will even be a movie theater opening up. I've been to other Ulta locations in the Sacramento area, and obviously this one is the best. The worst one is the Ulta in Elk Grove where I used to live, because the lines were always so fucking long, there were only 1 or 2 cashiers, everything was so messy and the NYX section was insanely dirty and gross with everyone messing with it. Here are some photos of this new Ulta :)

Ulta Sacramento, Ulta Delta Shores, Ulta Delta Shores Sacramento

Ulta Sacramento, Ulta Delta Shores, Ulta Delta Shores Sacramento
This Ulta actually has a MAC section, and I was SO impressed with the display! I was so tempted to buy one of the blushes...

Ulta Sacramento, Ulta Delta Shores, Ulta Delta Shores Sacramento
Even the drugstore makeup aisles were set up perfectly well!

Ulta Sacramento, Ulta Delta Shores, Ulta Delta Shores Sacramento

Ulta Sacramento, Ulta Delta Shores, Ulta Delta Shores Sacramento
Here is a section dedicated to Cowshed, a British beauty brand. Has any blogger out here tried this? I love how they have cheeky names like gorgeous cow, horny cow, knackered cow...

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar