Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Chanel Beiges Velours Quadra Eye Shadow

When I think of the ultimate luxury makeup item, I think Chanel. I actually have never purchased anything Chanel myself, all of the Chanel products that I own came from Elle Canada Beauty Grand Prix last year. I was chosen from a hundred or so other Canadian women to test out some of the beauty industry's best products. All the items were covered up and I had to test them blindly (not knowing what the brands were) and review them. After the review process was over, I did take the packaging off and found out I had some lovely, and quite expensive makeup in my possession including Chanel, YSL, Lise Waiter, Lancome and some others. Today, I will review the Chanel eyeshadow palette that I received.


I have the Quadra Eye shadow here in the colour "81 Beiges Velours". It comes encased in the classic black Chanel compact with a mirror inside. The mirror is large and the packaging is thick and sturdy. There is a compartment right of the shadows for an applicator, but mine did not come with one, it was just a sponge applicator, so no biggie. The colours in this quad are perfect for me, they are very neutral, everyday colours.

The colours that come with this are a taupey brown on the top left, creamy white, pink and chocolate brown. The shadows are not super pigmented, which surprised me because I thought Chanel would be super pigmented (based on the price). They apply smoothly and  blend easily. I don't know if you can tell in the picture, perhaps enlarged you can, but the shadows have a beautiful multi-coloured shimmer to them, it's not sparkle, it's this gorgeous luminance that I have never seen before in any other shadow.

Here are the swatches of the four colours, as you can tell they aren't super pigmented. The shadows do however provide a classic and natural look, they create the "my eye but better" look. I typically use the light brown on the lid and then the dark brown in the crease, but I do alternate it. You can wear the pink on the lid too and it doesn't look crazy at all.

I think this is definitely a lux product. However, I doubt you would see much of a difference on with some drugstore eyeshadows. I like having this in my collection, but I expected more of Chanel. I wonder if I just got a bad quad or whether they are all like this. Would I purchase a Chanel palette like this myself? Probably not.

Do you have any Chanel eyeshadows? What do you think of them?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar