Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Middy Plus Haircut (The High and Lows)

So today at 9:30 am, I went to my salon for a much-needed trim and color touch-up on my roots. Unfortunately, my stylist of three years, Corry, was unable to do my hair. He cut his hand while boating with friends yesterday and he had to get stitches. He is okay but he will be out of work for a week.

The salon tried to contact me in order to inform me of Corry's demise but I was away visiting family. Thankfully, another stylist was able to take me and do my hair. Part of me wanted to wait but my roots were really obvious and my hair was no longer curling well.  As a result, I have been wearing snoods for the past week.

Even though I have never worked with this stylist before, I know her and she is super nice. Her clients' color and up-dos always look amazing.  She did a great job on my hair color and highlights but when it came to my Middy Plus, I am not sure it went as well.

Last time I had my hair cut, Corry gave me a Middy. My longest length was about 3 and 3/4 inches and this time around my longest length was just shy of 5 inches. The sides are to be cut 4 inches and then 3 inches by the ears.

After my hair was colored, shampooed, conditioned, and rinsed I gave the stylist the Middy Plus diagram print out above. She studied it a bit and let said, "Okay" with a smile. As my hair was cut and styled with the blow dryer, I thought my hair did not look quite right. I mean, my hair wasn't " angst-worthy" or "I hate it and now I am going to cry-worthy." Instead, something felt "off."

For one, my bettie bangs were cut with longer sides instead of the middle section being longer with shorter, curved sides.

Secondly, the back/bottom section of my hair, i.e. the nape of my neck, didn't have that distinct "U" shape. It seems more like a wide arch or a "C" on its side shape.

This is the front (after I went home and fixed my bangs. I  think I need to trim more on the right side):

This is the side:

This is the back:
I am not sure but the back, bottom section is bothering me. Maybe I need to see how it looks wet.

Next time my stylist is out of commission, I am going to wait. I will wear snoods and hair scarves until my appointment.  He knows my hair well and I should be patient and stick to who knows my hair best.

So, what do you girls think?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar