Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Milani Liquid Lipstick: Amore Matte Lip Cream in 14 Devotion

ラビリンス by Mondo Grosso
I was really excited when I got my hands on this a long while ago. So excited that I bought two without testing the shades and gifted one to a friend. What can I say about this liquid lipstick ... 

Its comfortable, pigmented and the shade is gorgeous. However, it can wear away on my bottom often wetter lip - creating an unflattering stripe. Hence, I wouldn't recommend it for places where you have to talk a lot and can't retouch in peace. However, my lips have always had that problem (when I was younger lipstick never seemed to "stick") and at the time of the bad wear experience, my lips were probably in rough shape (testing out a lot of liquid lipsticks). So, I have found that when my lips are moisturised and I've had time to apply it well, it does wear better especially if I'm not speaking (some would call that a blessing).
Milani Amore Lip Matte Creme in 14 Devotion - Wet to mostly Dry
Devotion (14) is a deep blue-based red. The liquid lipstick (aka matte lip "cream") goes on shiny but dries to a relatively not too drying matte. The packaging is simple and nice although, my product is completely torn up after I attempted to take the security tag off (so my photos wouldn't have a garish and questionable sticker) resulting in what you see below.
I tried my best to remove the garish and offending article but, in the end, I admitted defeat. This was what the best part of 30 mins plus cotton pads, acetone, isopropyl alcohol, and tweezers could do. How do you remove those big square security stickers? Sometimes they do come off in one piece but this one had some otherworldy superglue.
Thankfully, I'm not judging this product because of a theft deterrent making it look unsightly and me furthering that with poor removal (meh). Instead, I can appreciate the beauty that devotion brings (come on, I had to link that song and for good measure here's one for all you cynics - Cry Me A River by Ella Fitzgerald). Anyway ... if you're after a deep red, this is a great option in terms of the colour.
Applicating Devotion 
Yet, it's not all bliss as overall this is not the greatest wearing liquid lipstick I've come across, as it will slowly wear away overtime at the slightest touch of water/saliva and continual movement. When rubbed at its weak points it can crumble and whilst it does dry to matte precision, it can create a harsh look when it wears away. 

Positives: Great shade (there are much more to choose from), reasonable price, smells sweet and creamy (like chocolate). It's comfy/not drying and satisfyingly kiss proof plus, it reapplies nicely. 
Negatives: Can wear badly.


Where would you recommend/wear this? Lazy meetups when you won't care if it slides off/crumbles etc.
Price: £9.95

Is it worth it? I could think of better things I could do with a tenner ... but, if you're willing to experiment Milani Amore liquid lipsticks are a good option.


Have you tried Milani Liquid Lipsticks?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar